Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let me sing you a waltz..


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCyNMrhxG4

Attached is the link to this lil tune July Delpy sings in Before Sunset. Very sweet, sad & romantic. I love these two films. Alot of great dialog & chemistry between these two, your hoping they will be able to be together and yet you never really know what happens. But there's the hope.
I'm a sucker for that romantic crap.
Richard Linklater wrote this sequel with Hawke & Delpy and I think they did a great job doing so.
In addition to this great romance that "almost" is you get such beautiful scenery. Their walks show us some parts of Paris that you wouldn't normally see in the films. Sure you do get a boat ride on the river which has been shown but there's so much more.

If you enjoy these films, I highly recommend the book The Hottest State by Ethan Hawke. He's got 2 books. This one is my favorite. It infact is one of my favorite books. I read it about once a year. And it always seems to effect me differently. Recently, last year I believe, they made a film based on it. Hawke directed it. It completely did the book justice.

It's the story of a young man from Texas (like Hawke) who falls deeply in love with this singer he meets when he moves to NYC to act. Now I've read in several places that he will use some of his life in his stories. However this book is fiction. It's said the women is based on his relationship with Lisa Loeb. Well I don't know if that's true but I do know the story moves me.
Hawke has such a beautiful, right on the money, way of describing the euphoric feelings of the beginning of a relationship to the agony of heartbreak. With all the frustrations in the middle.

I love this book, I wish I had the movie. I'd watch it now. Must remember to put that on my list to buy.

Well it's Sunday, I promised my friends I'd help them clean out their garage for their annual 4th of July bash. Ugg. But I Did promise so I will do it. I offered! That's Sunday for me. How tough it is to be me!
This long weekend of quality me time went rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment