Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I want you to want me!

So most recently while talking to a good friend of mine (who is male by the way) I was asked a great question.
Bare with me, this may sound a bit like Dear Abby, or a little bit like a column Carrie Bradshaw might write...

He asked what did I want from a man. What did I want from a relationship. And I just blurted out a various list of wants. Such as...
-I want to laugh, have fun
-I want him to be my best friend>meaning I could tell him anything without being afraid he'll run, but also someone I want to share my day or something great that's happened with
-I want to be needed, desired, missed
-I want to have our own time/ I don't want to be one of those 24/7 couples
-I want to go out and experience great things, I wanna stay in and just lay like broccoli all day with him
Yadda, yadda, yadda
I may be missing something but you get the gist of it.

He said what I know, which is to bring down my wall. Which I'm aware of but then he said some other things.

"Most men don't know how to want a woman, because they think they have all the answers-
Loving and caring for a woman isn't about having all the answers. It's more important to have the right questions, than the wrong answers. If a man thinks he has all the answers, then he doesn't ask the right questions, which means he never really gets to know the woman. And if he never gets to know the woman he lacks understanding, which lacks awareness, which lacks compassion,which lacks love. So....somewhere between asking the right questions, and creating love, is where it gets complex."

Thank you Bryan for your insight & male point of view on this matter. You rock for letting me quote you!

I mean we all talk about not understanding the opposite sex & what do we do in this or that case.
In the past its true I've had my guard up pretty high. Get out before they hurt me. Never let them get to close. Be one of the guys. That was the past. Then I thought of a line I once heard~ "you can't taste the sweet without the sour".
So I thought about it ~I risk getting heartbroken but then again I risk finding something pretty great~
I mean you know that excited, silly, warm fuzzy stuff? It's actually pretty great when you feel it. Even if it doesn't last with him or her-- It's amazing, nothing can bring you down or get you higher. And yes the reverse-heartbreak is horrible & sad, but you should have no regrets. Cause those are the things that make you who you are. Have no woulda coulda shoulda's. Don't give up on what you want..don't STALK but don't let something great slip through your fingers because your scared.

My personal opinion is that you be yourself, be open to new adventures even if they become disasters because sometimes that stuff in the middle can be fantastic.

Who knows eventually your ending could skip the disaster and be simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment