Monday, July 13, 2009

When I Grow Up


Another patient at work asked why I wasn't married. That I should cause "tick tock"...my clock is ticking. Please. I could've gotten married but I'd of been divorced by now.
My mother believes at least then I could've at least said I was married. That's just ridiculous.

Hey I'm 35, yes I'd like to get married but I refuse to settle. As for my "clock" --I've only really wanted one child & women are having babies when they're in their early 40's.

I'm tired of how it's people view a single man my age as being in a mid-life crisis and women as being spinsters. Again...ridiculous.

When I was little it's true I dreamed of my wedding day & I still do, ideas of it have changed over the years as I've aged. But I still want that. One day Prince Charming will call, text, email, Twitter, or Facebook me. Things have changed, & so have the conceptions of when we should marry & who we should. It's the way of the world. Change is inevitable.
So to those folks who look at me in shock that I have no children yet..time to move on & worry about your unhappy marriages.

Cause when it happens for this girl, it'll happen forever.

"All I'm saying is that somewhere out there is the man you are supposed to marry. And if you don't get him first, somebody else will, and you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that somebody else is married to your husband"
~Marie from When Harry Met Sally~

No comments:

Post a Comment